POSI-CHOCK™ Features & Benefits
- Large Chock Helps Prevent Unscheduled Departure, Trailer Creep & Tip-over
- Universal Design is Non Reliant on Rear Impact Guards & Secures Virtually Any Trailer Including Trucks With Lift Gates, Step Vans & Low Boys
- Simple Direct Drive System Eliminates Clutches, Chains or Brakes & Provides Constant Force Against Trailer Wheels
- Provides Superior Security From Trailer Theft With No Outside Release Mechanism
- High Visibility Yellow Components For Safety & Provides Positioning Guide For Incoming Trucks
- Simple, Easy to Understand Controls With High Visibility Inside & Outside LED Communication Lights & Signs
- Maintenance Free Design With Available Heat Tracing & Bio-Degradable Fluid Ensures Trouble Free Performance In All Environments
- Below Ground Storage Allows Free Access For Easy Snow Removal Without Damage to Restraint
- Manual Release System In The Event Of Power Failure
POSI-CHOCK™ Options & Accessories:
- Integrated LOGI-SMART® Control Systems
- Biodegradable Fluid
- Heat Trace Kit
- Keyed Override Switch
- LED Lights
Short Form Specs
The POSI-CHOCK™ vehicle restraint improves safety with strength, convenience and reliability.
The PC-6000 Model is a premium automatic unit designed to secure a trailer at the loading dock by engaging the wheel with a large steel chock.
The chock is stored below grade with free access for snow removal until a trailer is in position at the loading dock.
The chock is then activated providing a secure hold on the trailer preventing forward motion, known as trailer creep.
Simple controls and clear instructions and signal lights make it easy for the operator to position and release the vehicle restraint.
Outside signal lights and signage communicate to the truck driver when it is safe to approach and leave the loading dock.
The trailer is backed into position at the loading dock until contacting the dock bumpers and the driver sets the brakes.
The dock attendant pushes a control button, automatically changing the outside light to red and activating the chock.
The chock automatically raises from its stored position and travels until contacting the truck tire, securing the trailer to the loading dock.
The restraint control system monitors the position of the chock and provides an inside green light only when the trailer is properly secured.
When loading or unloading is completed the dock attendant stores the chock by pushing the release button and the truck is free to leave.
At all times, the inside and outside lights indicate the operational mode communication to the truck driver and dock attendant.
The solid steel face contoured chock with reinforcement plates is designed for the severe outside environment and forces exerted by the trailer.
The housing embed is a welded pan assembly with concrete anchors attached and running surface track constructed with 3/8” structural steel.
The entire outside components are primed and painted with a bright safety yellow to assist with truck positioning.
The drive system includes a heavy-duty hydraulic cylinder driven by a 3 HP 3 Phase motor pump fed with double braided high-pressure hoses.
The reservoir comes oil filled with low temperature and/or biodegradable oil for use in all environments.
The control panel includes a NEMA 12 rated dust tight enclosure with push button controls, operator instructions and communication lights on the cover.
The NORDOCK POSI-CHOCK™ Model PC-6000 vehicle restraint is factory assembled and tested.
The restraint is mounted level with the driveway surface and poured in place with proper conduits and drainage.
The signs, control panel and optional components are installed in accordance to instructions contained in the installation and owner’s manual.
One-Year parts and labor warranty from date of substantial completion of the installation.
All warranties are subject to standard limitations on liability.