Featuring the POWER-SAFE™ Battery Reserve System.
The SMART-HOOK® Series of automatic vehicle restraint is designed to prevent unscheduled departure, trailer creep and tip overs by using a large rotating hook to secure a trailer’s rear impact guard (RIG) with 32,000 lbs. of restraining force and a mounting force in excess of 100,000 lbs.
The latest model in the SMART-HOOK® series, the AR-10K delivers trouble free operation and long-term reliability and increases loading dock safety with the addition of the exclusive POWER-SAFE™ battery reserve system.
Able to supply power to the vehicle restraint in the event of a power outage, the auto-recharging POWER-SAFE™ battery unit grants full operational restraint functions with safety communication lights for up to 24 hours, keeping truck drivers and dock attendants safe, in control and on schedule.
The low profile housing automatically adjusts to various trailer heights and movement and lowers to 9″ above grade, avoiding potential damage from low hanging rear impact guards. The restraint is stored above ground level to keep free of snow, ice and debris.
AR-10K Features & Benefits
- POWER-SAFE™ System Provides Full Power for Over 24 Hours, Allowing Safe Release, Engagement and Uninterrupted Inside and Outside Communication Lights
- IP66 Rated Waterproof Motor/Gearbox
- IMPACT-GUARD™ Superior Design Eliminates Damage Caused by Trailer Impact
- Upward Biased Housing and Hook Keep Constant Contact with Rear Impact Guard
- All Functions are Automatically Reset Once Power is Restored
- Large Rotating Hook Design Prevents Unscheduled Departure, Trailer Creep and Tip Over
- Patented Direct Drive System Eliminates High Maintenance Clutch, Chain and Brake Components
- Solid State Control System with Diagnostics
- Waterproof IP67 Rated Hook Position Sensor Eliminates Failure Prone Mechanical Limit Switches
- Fault Sensor Alarm Alerts Operator When a Missing or Damaged Rear Impact Guard is Detected
- Auto-Reversing Hook Avoids Damage from Incoming Truck
- NEMA 12 Control Panel with Steel Enclosure and Operator Instructions on Hinged Cover
- Above Ground Storage Provides Easy Dock Clean-Up and Keeps Housing Clear of Snow, Ice and Debris
- Low-Profile Housing Lowers to 9″ Off Grade Over 32,000 lbs. of Restraining Force and 100,000 lbs. of Mounting Force
- 5-Year Structural Warranty
- High Visibility Inside & Outside LED Communication Lights and Signs
- Dual Zinc Dichromate Finish
AR-10K Options & Accessories
- Integrated LOGI-SMART® Control Systems
- Cantilever Extension Mounting Bracket
- Cast-In Wall Mounting Plate
- Keyed Override Switch
- Waterproof Panel Enclosures
- SUPER-COM™ Signal Light System
Short Form Specs
The SMART-HOOK® AR-10K is a premium automatic vehicle restraint designed to secure trucks at the loading dock by using a large rotating hook to engage a trailer’s rear impact guard (RIG).
The AR-10K offers trouble free operation and long- term reliability with over 32,000 lbs. of restraining force, and increases loading dock safety with its exclusive POWER-SAFE™ battery reserve system.
The patent pending IMPACT-GUARD™ front carriage reinforcement protects your investment from damage caused by incoming trailers.
Able to supply power to the vehicle restraint in the event of a power outage, the auto-recharging
POWER-SAFE™ battery allows full operational restraint functions with safety communication lights for over 24 hours, keeping truck drivers and dock attendants safe, in control and on schedule.
The low profile housing automatically adjusts to various trailer heights and movement and lowers to 9″ above grade, avoiding potential damage from low RIG’s.
The restraint is stored above ground level, keeping free of snow, ice and debris.
As the driver backs the truck into the loading dock, the trailer’s RIG makes contact with the restraint housing, automatically positioning the housing under and firmly against the RIG.
With the truck in position, the driver sets the brakes and chocks the wheels.
The dock attendant pushes the lock button, activating and positioning the large rotating hook in front of the RIG, safely securing the trailer to the loading dock.
During loading/unloading, the housing automatically adjusts to the trailer’s movement while the hook positioning sensor monitors the hook and provides constant upward biased pressure against the RIG, preventing hazards such as trailer creep, early departure and/or tip over.
When no RIG is detected, the hook automatically stores away to avoid damage and goes into fault mode, sounding an alarm to alert the dock attendant.
Pushing the override button will silence the alarm while the communication lights indicate a caution condition.
Once the loading cycle is complete, the dock attendant stores the hook by pressing the release button, inside and outside lights then signal the driver and dock attendant when it is safe for the truck to leave.
High-visibility red and green inside and outside LED lights with operator instructions on inside control panel cover and outside mounted sign with clear, large, forward and reverse lettering for drivers.
If power is lost, the inside and outside lights flash to indicate a power loss condition that is maintained until power is restored.
An audible alarm and inside red light warns dock attendant when no RIG has been detected.
The enclosed housing design is a structural welded assembly constructed with 5/16” side plates and 1/2” high tensile reinforcement on leading edge to withstand repeated impacts from backing trailers.
The large rotating hook is constructed of 1 1/4” thick steel and is attached to the housing using a superior 1 1/4” diameter shaft.
Zinc plated components include mounting plate, track, hook, housing, and brackets. The housing also comes with black and yellow caution markings for improved visibility.
Waterproof IP67 rated hook position sensor for trouble free non-mechanical hook monitoring.
Patented drive system consists of a direct-coupled IP66 waterproof rated high torque DC motor and high efficiency helical gears.
Control panel includes a NEMA 12 rated dust tight enclosure with push button controls and LED communication lights on the cover.
The power requirement is 120 volts, single phase and 2 amperes.
The vehicle restraint is mounted to the dock face with concrete wall anchors (included) and then welded onto the pit curb angle.
Alternatively, the vehicle restraint can be welded onto a dock face embedded steel plate. Total mounting force is in excess of 100,000 lbs.
Signs, control panel and optional components are installed in accordance with instructions contained within the installation and owners manual.
One-Year parts and labor and Five-Year Structural Warranty from date of shipment.